8 organisations (4 non profit organisations and 4 schools) from 4 countries (Czech Republic, Italy, Romania, Turkey)
Open educational resources: 1 – Heritage presentations, 2 – Inclusive lesson plans, examples and study cases about contribution of European heritage, collection of presentations of local cultural heritage, including information about museums, cultural objectives, cultural events, including those of ethnic minorities or migrants
Short-term joint staff training events together with Blended mobility of school learners and management and on-line meetings
The “European Cultural Heritage: Resource for Education”, E.C.H.R.E., is a Strategic Partnership for School Education aiming to explore the educational potential of the cultural heritage, in order to use it as teaching and learning resource, in European education and in interdisciplinary science. E.CH.R.E. project addresses a target audience of teachers of any specialty, who can become true vectors for promoting European values and strengthening European identity, through deepening their knowledge about European history and culture as tool for economic development. To this purpose, we provide training activities and good practice exchanges between different actors who act in the cultural and educational world by bringing together experts in European history, archaeology and cultural heritage, sociology and economics, members of civic and teachers associations, school teachers and managers, in order to collaborate to improve the quality of European citizenship education.
Project objectives are:
- Enabling teachers to strengthen the teaching by addressing cultural diversity in the classroom.
- Promoting the intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding between students and people with different backgrounds, by emphasizing that different cultural expressions and behaviours could lead towards the same outcomes, with the respect of human rights and European values.
- Enabling teachers and students to tackle with cultural differences and promoting progressive behaviours, appropriate for our times and development, in the age of democratisation of information through technology and globalisation.
- Enabling teachers to support the European heritage and values as a strong chance for economic growth, job creation and social cohesion through collaboration between organizations from different countries, as schools, museums and cultural-social associations.
- Raising the students awareness about the cultural heritage and support its use as educational resource.
- Creating open educational resources based on the uses of cultural heritage, ICT integration in education.
- Strengthening the teaching profession through new skills acquisition and recognition the importance of the teachers role in society.
- Promoting inclusive education and strengthening social cohesion, reminding that all of the European citizens have common values and interests.
- Supporting and disseminating the power connection between the European cultural heritage/values and the real possibility to start from the common history.